Childhood Memories of Jorhat, Assam



Assam - The land of red rivers and blue hills 
I was born in Delhi but being a defence kid ,I would have to be  on the move all the time .  My father got transferred in Jorhat Assam and I had started my schooling from Assam Jorhat . I was around 5-6 years old when I joined Kendriya Vidhyala Jorhat Assam . We were staying in a defence accommodation which was very close to my school, like I could go on foot. In those days , we had no fancies but we had fun . For instance , even watching a movie was a point of celebration. Families would go together chomp on those not too expensive  potato chips and  cup of ice- cream and enjoy cinema without being distracted by mobile phones. Today everyone seems to be more individualistic , love to live in their own cocoons , hence we fail to collect nostalgic experiences as we used to do. I remember back in the day we used to wait for load shedding (yuppie light chali gae ) as it was the ultimate escape  for us from everything. We could play board games , Antakshari, running around on  the roads, chit chatting and walking under the stunning skies of Jorhat Assam. Although I was very young but I could vaguely recollect the memories of small family picnics and picnic organised by our defence unit . In those days we had real reason to rejoice and real people to rendezvous.People remember Assam for its scenic beauty and weather. But i remember Assam specially Jorhat for it’s simply beautiful people. When you witness the sunset in Brahmaputra river, it seems like life comes to a beautiful halt. To experience Assam you have to live in Assam. Like, In the Poem “ The  Solitary  Reaper” even after mounting up the hill, the song of the highland lass stayed with the author forever. Similarly even after leaving Assam , The memories of Assam stayed with me forever. 




Comments

  1. Your blog has taken us down memory lane. Thanks for sharing anecdotes and nostalgia with your readers. Keep posting good fodder for our mind 👌👌👌

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really very happy to say that ur blog is very interesting to read.You r doing a great job. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Childhood Fun Days.. Great content to read

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To be Special is not Special, To be Ordinary is Special

JUST DON’T BE FASHIONABLE,BE FOREVER STYLISH .

Champa Gali : Delhi’s Best Kept Secret